TRAVEL VLOG | Cancun & Playa del Carmen, Mexico 🇲🇽
Hey everyone, this is Marcello from Youliketotravel.com.
I am back with couple exciting destinations in one of my favorite countries in the world. The beautiful cities of Cancun and Playa del Carmen in Mexico!
A lot of folks believe Cancun is just for spring breakers, but you may want to rethink that. Cancun is am amazing beach destination with incredible beachs, food and hospitality. As of a matter of fact, Cancun and Playa del Carmen have so many activities that you can easily spend a week.
Some interesting facts about Cancun:
- Cancún is located on the Yucatán Peninsula bordering the Caribbean Sea, is known for its beaches, numerous resorts and nightlife.
- It’s composed of 2 distinct areas: the more traditional downtown area, El Centro, and the Hotel Zone (Zona Hotelera), a long, beachfront strip of high-rise hotels, nightclubs, shops and amazing restaurants.
- Cancun is also a famous destination for students during universities’ spring break period.
Here some interesting facts about Playa del Carmen:
- Located 1 hour south of Cancun
- Playa del Carmen is a coastal resort town in Mexico, along the Yucatán Peninsula’s Riviera Maya strip of Caribbean shoreline.
- Playa is known known for its palm-lined beaches and coral reefs.
- Playa del Carmen’s main street, Quinta Avenida or 5th Avenue, is the heart of the city with a long pedestrian road, featuring boutique hotels, restaurants, shops, bars, and nightclubs.
- It has an european feel to it and a laid-back feel.
- Cozumel is just a short ferry ride away (about 45 minutes). Don’t miss the island, known as one of the most famous diving and snorkeling destinations in the world.
- You can visit either city if you decide to stay there by taxi or rent a car.
WHERE TO STAY IN CANCUN:
- You want to stay at Zona hotelera or hotel zone. It is a safe area with beautiful resorts and beaches that will make you never want to go back home.
WHERE TO STAY IN PLAYA DEL CARMEN:
- I like to stay by the beach but close enough to Quinta Avenida (5th street).
- You can stay at an airbnb or at a hotel, there are many options there.
- I would not recommend staying at Quinta Avenida because it may get noisy early in the morning or at night.
WHERE WE STAYED:
- In Cancun we stayed at the Westin at the Hotel Zone next to Las Islas shopping mall. Perfect location
- In Playa del Carmen my favorite hotel is the Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen. Amazing location by the beach and next to everything.
SIGHTSEEING AND TO DO CANCUN:
- Hang by the beach
- Day boat trip to islas mujeres where you can swim with the sharks
- Xcaret Park (in Playa del carmen)
- Check out Xplor tour
- Cenote Yucutan
- Trip to Tulum and the Mayans Ruins
- Cirque du soleil VIP dinner around $250
- Even gamble at the Red casino
- There are many cool nature and adventure tours available, check out the reviews online before you go.
FOOD SPOTS IN CANCUN:
- I don’t know about you, but Mexican food is my favorite cuisine in the world. I can easily live off tacos for the next 30 years, and I will be the happiest human being. With that being said, here’re my favorites in Cancun.
- Portofirios (my favorite)
- Puerto Madero (2nd favorite)
- Celacolo italian restaurant
- For Breakfast, you can go to Las Islas Mall and check out: Jugo de limon & La Parrilla.
- Jugo de limon restaurant at Las Islas (you may be able to see a free dolphin show)
- Harry’s Steakhouse & Raw Bar
- Fish Fritanga. Small seafood spot on the lagoon side
- Mexican Restaurant La Parilla. It is away from the hotel zone more in the town. Great Mexican food and Nice atmosphere for dinner.
AT NIGHT IN CANCUN:
- The action is in downtown Cancun has so many options, bars and clubs.
- Coco Bongo is an unique bar show there, get a table and enjoy the production.
- Also dont forget to try the Chilada drink (mexican beer with salt, lime juice, and ice)
SHOPPING IN CANCUN:
- La Isla shopping village
- Kukucan shopping mall
- Marina town center Mall (before Malecon Plaza)
SIGHTSEEING IN PLAYA DEL CARMEN:
- Hang by the beach
- Stroll on Quinta avenida
- Head to Tulum to check out beaches and Mayan ruins.
- Xcaret Park (in Playa del carmen)
- There are countless tours available for sale at Quinta Avenida and hotels.
FOOD SPOTS IN PLAYA DEL CARMEN:
- Don Sirloin Tacos (Whole on the Wall next to Coco Bongo, Sirloin tacos meat are the best)
- El Fogon tacos
- If you’re looking for an authentic Mexican restaurant in Playa del Carmen, look no further than La Coronela. This little hole in the wall serves up some of the most authentic and delicious Mexican food in town and it’s open for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Best Churros: Street Stall on the corner of 25th ave and Benito Juarez.
PLAYA DEL CARMEN AT NIGHT:
- Mamitas beach club at sunset
- Thompson hotel
- Coco bongo (shows, same as Cancun)
- La santanera (after hrs party)
- Several bars at Quinta Avenida
SHOPPING PLAYA DEL CARMEN:
- At Quinta Avenida
- US Dollars is somewhat accepted in Cancun & Playa del Carmen, but you want to have some Mexican Pesos with you.
SOME ADVICE FOR YOU:
- Taxis to airport around 350 pesos from Hotel Zone in Cancun.
- Stay in the Hotel Zone in Cancun, resorts are amazing and worth the price.
- Playa del Carmen is one my favorite destinations in the World. It is less tourist and more european feel, if I had to decide against Cancun & Playa, I would pick Playa del Carmen.
To summarize, Mexico is an incredible country with lots of nature, beaches, amazing food and hospitality that it is tough to find anywhere else in the world.
I hope you enjoyed this VLOG and thanks a lot for watching, please thumbs up, leave a comment below & subscribe to the YOUTUBE CHANNEL if you want more travel tips like this! 👍🏻
➤ TRAVEL TOUR GUIDE – ®YouLikeToTravel.Com – OFFICIAL
➤ Subscribe Channel Here: http://bit.ly/You_Like_To_Travel_Official
➤ Watch My latest Travel Vlog Here: http://bit.ly/YouLikeToTravelVlog
★★★ Thanks for watching my travel vlog! Marcello Sobrinho is a travel vlogger and blogger. He tries to combine travel tips, hacks, essentials, fun, lifestyle, food, adventure, shopping, sightseeing, fashion, travel guide, and local beauty into an amazing exciting travel video and vlog. I really enjoy being a travel blogger, so please check out my travel blog below and connect on all my social media for more travel content. Also, please thumbs up, comment below & subscribe if you want more travel tips and travel diary like this! More info: http://youliketotravel.com/about-me/
Video & Travel Stuff I use
➤ Vlogging Camera: https://amzn.to/2LXhZDu
➤ Vlogging Lens: https://amzn.to/2t97ZAd
➤ Audio for Camera: https://amzn.to/2lfEyrI
➤ Audio for Phone: https://amzn.to/2MAP5dK
➤ Magnetic Travel Board: https://amzn.to/2JNtr8e
➤ Gimbal: https://amzn.to/2JWmQnW
➤ New Drone: https://amzn.to/2JXiz3F
➤ Old Drone: https://amzn.to/2MDfqYA
➤ Gorilla Pod: https://amzn.to/2lkRmgG
➤ GoPro: https://amzn.to/2tfUoGA
➤ Backpack: https://amzn.to/2tkjyno
➤ Tripod: https://amzn.to/2JMTT1Y
➤ Photography Cam: https://amzn.to/2JOZNQ8
➤ Photography Lens: https://amzn.to/2JKEcbk
Social Media Links
you like to travel || do you like to travel || you like to travel vlogs
do you like to travel vlogs || we like to travel || we like to travel vlogs || we like to travel videos people like to travel people like to travel videos youtube || people like to travel vlogs || Travelling
#Travel #Traveler #Videos
#World #Blogger #TravelBlog #TravelDiary #TravellingHopper #Vlogs
#TravelTips #TravelChannel #YouTube #TravelingVideos #Hopper #Backpacker #Vlogger
——————————————- ®YouLikeToTravel.Com – OFFICIAL——————————————-