Here’s our latest interview with a tour guide or certified local as we seek to learn from some of the top experts from the places we love.
If you are a certified tour guide and would like to be considered for an interview, drop me a note at: email@example.com and we can chat about specifics.
My questions are in bold and the responses follow below. Please excuse us if you see a mistake in grammar, we are travel bloggers not English writers. 😉
What’s your name and how old are you?
Answer: My name’s Nikki and 34 years
Do you have kids? If so, how old are they?
Where are you originally from and what city do you currently live?
Answer: I am from Bangkok
How long have you been a tour guide?
Answer: 5 years
Why did you want to become a tour guide?
Answer: i love travel and like to make my clients happy and would like to show my country
Are you a licensed tour guide? What cities? If so, from which organization?
Answer: Yes I can be tour guide all around Thailand but i usually base in and around BKK . I work for Nikki travel tours
How many tours have you provided?
Answer: i have a lot of packages like basic tour ( first visit must see or Beatle track tour )
Example package below
– BKK full day tour
– Ayutthaya historical park tour
– Karnjana buri tour ( The river kwai bridge)
– Pattaya beach tour
– Combined maekong train market + floating market & BKK tour
– Combined BKK and Ayitthaya historical park
– Combined BKK & Karnjana buri tour
Lets get to the exciting stuff, why anyone visit the city on the subject?
Answer: Thailand is like specialist country and culture, easy to visit and we are friendly and welcome tourists .
Is the city safe? What areas are not safe?
Answer: Yes here is safe
What’s the average temperature in the city?
Answer: Here is hot and humid country about 25 degree in winnter-42 degree in summer. Good time to come is between October – February. Hottest time is March – May. Rainy season is between June until middle of October and not raining whole day. Actually Thailand can visit anytime
What languages are spoken? English spoken?
Answer: we speak Thai language but thai are can speak fair english
Is US Dollar widely accepted?
Answer: we accept only thai baht is 1usd = 30-32 baht ( current rate year 2018)
What are the best areas or districts to stay in the city?
– Sukhumvit area can take the train to travel around new city (business area )
– Khaosan area ( backpackers area in the old town )
– Sathon pier ( Many 5 stars hotel on the river and can get to sky train at Saphan taksin station )
What’re your Top 3 hotels and why?
– Center point terminal 21 ( located in center of city and near both sky train and subway )
– Chatrium hotel on the river ( Good view , nice staff , average cost , near night market call Asiatique and can get to the sky train by hotel shuttle boat )
– Hotel in Khaosan ( enjoy night life and try food street )
How does one get around the city? Taxi, Uber, similar apps, ATVs?
Answer: We have sky train , Subway and Grab Taxi and tuk tuk
Can you highlights the MUST sightseeings? Minimum of 5, feel free to share as many as you would like.
– Grand palace
– Reclining Buddha temple
– Temple of the dawn
– China town
– Flower market
– Floating market ( In bkk on weekend or outside BKK daily )
– Maekong train market
– JJ market on weekend
Whta’s the best place to take a photo?
Answer: Here have many nice place for picture and for Thai architect are nice is temples here
What about the Top 3 restaurants?
– China town food street ( Evening )
– Ratchada train market ( evening street food )
– Or tor gor market Food and fruits market )
Any rooftop bars or restaurants that you recommend?
– Mode sathon hotel roof top bar ( average cost )
– River guesthouse bangkok on the river
– Suphaniga restaurant
– Rimbit bar bkk on the river
– In love restaurant on the river
– Kim lom chon saphan on the river
– above eleven roof top bar
– Baiyoke sky hotel
Can you recommend best shopping areas? Best shopping mall?
– JJ market ( weekend )
– Sampheng market near china town
– pratunam area or platinum mall
– Bo bae tower
What about food markets?
– China town (evening )
– Ratchada train market ( evening )
– Or tor gor market
– Khaosan road ( evening )
Do you recommend any tour outside the city? Islands? Boat Tours?
– Amphawa floating market on weekend afternoon
– Karn jana buri ( river kwai bridge )
– Ayutthaya historical park
Where does one should go at night? Any bar/nightlife areas or district you recommend?
– Ratchada train market (Daily)
– JJ green ( Friday – Sunday night )
– China town ( evening )
– Khaosan road
Are Casinos allowed? Blackjack tables?
Any last advice for people visiting your city?
Answer: In here are many nice places to see please contact me for more informations
Thanks for your time! How can people learn more about you?
Feel free to share your phone, email and contact info below.
Thanks again! Your insights will help the next traveler.